Posts by capree:
I’m a huge Game of Thrones fan. I’ve read all the books, watched the show, and even have a (totally awesome) hoodie emblazoned with the names of all the dire wolves. A time or two, I’ve even jokingly expressed a desire to have a dire wolf of my own, knowing that that was a fantastic impossibility (they’ve been extinct for some 10,000 years, after all). Well, turns out I was wrong — sort of.
Whoa, whoa, whoa… Ice cream – for dogs? Yes, you read that right! Your four-legged companions can now enjoy a cool, creamy treat designed exclusively for discerning doggy palates thanks to Arrfscarf, a small company that got its start in the Chicago food truck scene selling handmade dog treats.
It’s nearly May and spring has hit its stride! With the warmer weather, pups and people alike are getting up and getting outdoors. For our Cover Canine theme this month, we want to see how your dog is enjoying the season: submit a photo of your dog engaged in one of their favorite outdoor activities!
Here’s how your dog can become our newest Facebook star:
- submit (1) one photo sized 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall
- photo should be of decent quality; if it’s too dark or fuzzy, we won’t be able to use it. Sorry!
- include your dog’s name, age, and breed (Please do not put this text on the photo — we will add that.)
- send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org – photos posted directly to our Facebook wall will not be included for consideration.
Submissions start now and close on Tuesday, April 30th. We’ll announce our newest Cover Canine on May 1st!
The following post is brought to you by Fun Time Dog Shop. We’re very paw-ticular about our partners and only feature those we think are top dog.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the weather is starting to get pretty nice these days (random snow storms aside — hey, it’s April. That’s just what April does, okay?). After spending a winter cooped up, it’s time to get up and get outside with your dog! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite get-up-and-go products from Fun Time Dog Shop that will encourage even the most devoted couch surfer to get active.
1. ComfortFlex Sport Harness 2. EZ Steps Low-Impact Leash 3. Nite Dawg LED Collar Cover 4. Leash Luggage 5. Outward Hound Hipster 6. Outward Hound Treat ‘n’ Ball Bag 7. Pack-n-Go Dog Pack 8. ComfortFlex Limited Slip Collar
Fun Time Dog Shop is a fundraising store that donates 100% of the profits of each sale to non-profit dog rescue groups and canine cancer research. Select your charity at checkout! Happy spring!
Moochews are super durable tug toys made from recycled rubber milking tubes — you know, the ones they use on cow milking machines! The milking tubes are washed and sanitized, so they’re safe for pups and people alike, and the residual bovine smell, which is non-offensive to human noses, drives dogs nuts (in a good way).