Dog-I-Y: Gingerbread Men from 52 Weeks of Treats by Serena Faber Nelson with Sarah Dickerson
I’m super excited to share a very special Dog-I-Y with you today! Serena from Pretty Fluffy has been hard at work, along with Sarah from Chic Sprinkles, putting together an amazing recipe book for dogs called 52 Weeks of Treats. It is chock full of unique and healthy recipes — not to mention gorgeous photos — and is something every person who loves to spoil their dog should own!
Today, Serena is sharing a fun holiday treat from the book — take it away, Serena!
I’m so excited to be here today sharing one of our favorite recipes from our new eBook 52 Weeks of Treats. Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season. Our new eBook is all about quick, easy, and healthy snacks for our favorite four legged friends – so why not pamper them with the ultimate Christmas treat!
GINGERBREAD MEN from 52 Weeks of Treats by Serena Faber Nelson with Sarah Dickerson
Festive cheer for your ‘Naughty or Nice’ Pup!
3 Cups Wholemeal Flour
½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Ginger
1 and ¼ Cups Water
¼ Cup Olive Oil
½ Cup Molasses
2 Tablespoons Honey
Pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius (350 F). Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
1. Get two large bowls. In one bowl combine ¾ cup water, olive oil, molasses and honey. In the second bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves and finely chopped ginger.
2. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until all are combined. Slowly add the remaining ½ cup of water until the mixture forms a dough. Discard remaining water.
3. Divide the dough into two, wrap and refrigerate for minimum 3.5 hours.
4. Once chilled, remove dough from refrigerator and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Use a Gingerbread Cookie Cutter to cut out the biscuits. Place on a flat tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Place on a baking rack to cool, then serve.
Makes approximately 20 Gingerbread Men.
HANDY HINT: Once the biscuits are cooled you can decorate with drizzled carob or melted yogurt drops if desired.
For more recipes, handy hints, and unique shopping + allergy guides you can buy your own copy of 52 Week of Treats here.
As a special promotion just for Dog Milk readers, Pretty Fluffy is offering 10% OFF the retail price of $12.95 for the next 48 Hours only (Valid until December 14). Just enter the code MILK10 at checkout.