Editor’s Note: For our first Dog-I-Y of the new year, we invited blogger and designer Jen Ha to share one of her favorite homemade dog treat recipes!
Hello Dog Milk readers! I wanted to share a fun and simple DIY for personalized bone-shaped dog cookies. I made these for my pup, Hoku, and his doggy cousins for Christmas and it was a huge hit! I used a peanut butter and pumpkin recipe, but this DIY could work with any treat recipe that suits your pup’s tastes. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 & 1/4 cups brown rice flour
- 3 Tbsp of all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter until combined.
3. Add the flour and cinnamon.
4. Place dough on a floured surface and roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick.
5. Cut out shapes using a dog bone cookie cutter. (For dogs with longer names, use a larger bone.) Keep a small bowl of flour handy for regular dusting.
6. Prepare stamp (from an embossing kit like this) with your dog’s name. Flour the stamp, then press it lightly into the center of each bone shape.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown, then let cool.
Just for fun, you can also create a custom label for your jars. (I used these 19.6 oz Weck jars for Hoku’s cookies.) These make great gifts for any pup!
[Original recipe from My Baking Addiction]