If there’s one thing at which huskymutts Mingus and Dottie truly excel, it’s lying around and doing absolutely nothing — making them the perfect candidates to test out a dog bed. In this month’s installment of Mingus & Dottie Try It, Mingus and Dottie test-drive the Sealy memory foam dog bed. What did we think? Check out our review below!
Jewelry designer Kelly Gerber has teamed up with The Barktorialist for a special, limited edition collection of gold-plated and sterling silver charms. From statements (such as ‘Rescued‘ or ‘Royal‘) to promises (my fave being ‘I will not hump indiscriminately‘), each tag is a fun, stylish way to express your dog’s personality — or even your own! These charms can be attached to a charm bracelet or necklace just as easily as a collar. Check out the full collection available exclusively from The Barktorialist.
Lulu, Dog Milk’s resident couch potato, turns 8 today! She’s an old 8, but she’s in good spirits and is happy with her life in sunny California. Here are some of the things on her birthday wishlist:
1. Solvit PupSTEP Stairs: Doggy steps. Lulu hurt her knee a few months ago and isn’t healing very quickly. However, she loves car rides and sleeping on the bed, so she needs an easy way for these things to be more accessible to her so she doesn’t cause more injury.
2. Homer the Hedgehog: Lulu loves chomping on soft fuzzy toys like this one; it soothes her anxiety when new people come to visit.
3. Dogleg Diner: Lulu could use a new set of dining bowls like these from Doca Pet. She loves raised feeders and especially likes the color red.
4. Billie Jean Bed: Lulu is a minimalist, but when it comes to beds, the more the merrier. We’re moving into a new house in a few months and she’ll need more beds around the house.
5. Bully Stick 6 Pack: There’s no treat Lulu loves more than Bully Sticks!
Happy birthday, Lulu!
From poop bags to all-natural treats, we’ve featured a variety of subscription services here on Dog Milk. Each one has something a little bit different to offer (and may be a better fit than others depending on your needs), including PetBox. While PetBox follows the familiar monthly delivery model, it differs from similar services in that it’s the only one that allows you to pick what’s in your box! For those who opt for lengthier subscriptions, this is kinda awesome as it lets you avoid getting the same types of items over and over (you can only go through so many treats in a month, ya know?).
Our rough-and-tumble gal Dottie turns (unbelievably!) seven years old this year. Since we don’t know exactly when she was born, we celebrate Adoption Days – and Dottie’s is coming up this weekend! She’s put together a wishlist of seven great gift ideas, one for each of her silly, sweet years. Check out her picks below!
We share a lot of awesome products here on Dog Milk and, because of that, I frequently receive emails asking for product recommendations or shopping sources. Well, I’m excited to let you know that we have launched an official Dog Milk account on Luvocracy, where you can shop all our top product picks in one spot! Everything from toys to beds to collars and even cool stuff for humans, it’s all there. We even have a “Tried and Tested” collection featuring items that we use and love.