Editor’s Note: I’ve asked a few of my favorite bloggers to fill in while we make our way to Portland, OR! Please give them a warm, tail-wagging welcome!
Hi fellow Dog Milk readers! This is Jon, from Happymundane.com. When I’m not working or blogging, you can usually find me hanging out with my pup Pepé. Dog Milk kindly invited me to put together a little round up of some of my (and Pepé’s) favorite dog-centric things, so here are a few of “Pepé’s picks”!
1) What dog doesn’t love a treat? These Beef Bourguignon biscuits from Bocce’s Bakery are made with premium hormone free beef, fresh carrots, and even a little parsley for fresh breath. They’re made in the USA, have no preservatives, and are wheat free. I’m also a big fan of the sharp packaging graphics that you won’t be embarrassed to keep out and display!
2) This brings up an issue about dog treats in general: why are so many of the packaging graphics such an eyesore? Luckily there are a lot of beautiful containers to store them in. These two “Dipper Pet Jars” from West Elm are clean and simple. There’s even a version that has a chalkboard bottom that you can personalize!
3) Pepé loves to travel with me. I’m lucky enough to be able to bring him to my office everyday. The I-GO2 Traveler Roller Backpack by Pet Gear is awesome. It’s basically like a large roller luggage bag, but has mesh sides and a zip front. The mesh sides and front allow plenty of air circulation, but also lets Pepé see what’s going on while still providing comfort and protection. It has a pull up handle and wheels so it’s easy to transport and there are straps in the back so if you’re traveling by foot or in the airport, you can carry him like a backpack. In the car, there are slits in the back where the seat belt goes through to secure him down. I call it his “Pepé house” and he loves it.
4) After a ruff* (pun intended) day at the office, Pepé loves to chow down on a good bowl of kibble and this “Double O” pet bowl by O.R.E. Pet makes sure he dines in style. It’s made out high quality stoneware and I love the contemporary design. Pepé has a weird quirk of licking the bowl clean and then dipping his tongue in his water bowl to go back and lick the food bowl again. This bowl suits this habit quite well since both the food and water are together in one piece. It’s probably not going to be the best bowl if you have a larger dog, but Pepe’s a little guy so it works out great for him.
5) Finally, Pepé isn’t the only guy that gets to have all the good stuff. These fun socks from Old Navy would make a great gift to any dog lover.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these picks and I want to give a big thanks to Dog Milk for having me here on the blog!
If you want to read more about me and Pepé, here’s our feature in The Scoop from awhile back. And if you’d like to see more of Pepé, he’s kind of a fixture in my Instagram feed (@happymundane). Be sure to check into happymundane.com for more of my mundane musings (you can also find me on Pinterest… a lot).