Kurgo has long been known for their great outdoor dog gear, including harnesses, life jackets, and backpacks. Now, they’re getting into the toy game with a new collection of outdoor toys inspired by classic backyard games! The Dog Milk boys recently had a chance to test these toys out in the wild. Read on to see what we think!
[Disclosure: Kurgo sent us a set of Classic Lawn Game Dog Toys for review. All views and opinions are our own.]
First, a little bit about each toy:
• Kurgo’s Huck-It Horseshoe is perfect for a dog-friendly version of horseshoe. Put some stakes in the ground and let your dog fetch it for you! You get some accuracy practice and your dog gets his exercise in.
• The Wapple Ball was inspired by the classic 1953 game of Whiffle Ball. Use a bat, tennis racquet, lacrosse stick, or your Chuckit Stick and have a ball!
• Doggie Darts just made classic darts more fun! These durable, chew-safe, and non-toxic darts are perfect for a game of fetch at the park.
• The Target Jack is designed to land with its point up no matter how hard or how far you throw it – making it easy for your dog to spot, even in the water. This versatile toy pairs well with the Tossing Ring.
• The Tossing Disc is the rough and tough version of the traditional Frisbee and glides through the air with ease. The disc is made of tough, non-toxic material and can handle chewing better than the traditional plastic Frisbee. If it lands in water, no problem! The Tossing Disc also floats.
• Is badminton a family favorite? The Backyard Birdie is the toy to have! The birdie has no real feathers and perfectly okay to chew for those bird-loving pups. Break out the racquets and play a little keep-a-way.
Wrigley, Smash, and Drogo have spent the past month or so running around our backyard, along with various other doggy playmates, with at least one of these Kurgo toys in tow. The Target Jack became a quick favorite among pups and people alike — it’s easy to pick up, throw, and retrieve!
While these nontoxic toys are not designed to be chew toys, they are plenty durable for (seemingly infinite) games of fetch or tug. Plus, they’re PVC-free, dishwasher safe, and they float — an extra bonus for water-loving pups!
Overall, these toys have been a hit while proving to be pretty tough, too! Take a look at the whole collection at www.kurgo.com.