Lulu, Dog Milk’s resident couch potato, turns 8 today! She’s an old 8, but she’s in good spirits and is happy with her life in sunny California. Here are some of the things on her birthday wishlist:
1. Solvit PupSTEP Stairs: Doggy steps. Lulu hurt her knee a few months ago and isn’t healing very quickly. However, she loves car rides and sleeping on the bed, so she needs an easy way for these things to be more accessible to her so she doesn’t cause more injury.
2. Homer the Hedgehog: Lulu loves chomping on soft fuzzy toys like this one; it soothes her anxiety when new people come to visit.
3. Dogleg Diner: Lulu could use a new set of dining bowls like these from Doca Pet. She loves raised feeders and especially likes the color red.
4. Billie Jean Bed: Lulu is a minimalist, but when it comes to beds, the more the merrier. We’re moving into a new house in a few months and she’ll need more beds around the house.
5. Bully Stick 6 Pack: There’s no treat Lulu loves more than Bully Sticks!
Happy birthday, Lulu!
Our rough-and-tumble gal Dottie turns (unbelievably!) seven years old this year. Since we don’t know exactly when she was born, we celebrate Adoption Days – and Dottie’s is coming up this weekend! She’s put together a wishlist of seven great gift ideas, one for each of her silly, sweet years. Check out her picks below!
We share a lot of awesome products here on Dog Milk and, because of that, I frequently receive emails asking for product recommendations or shopping sources. Well, I’m excited to let you know that we have launched an official Dog Milk account on Luvocracy, where you can shop all our top product picks in one spot! Everything from toys to beds to collars and even cool stuff for humans, it’s all there. We even have a “Tried and Tested” collection featuring items that we use and love.
The following post is brought to you by PetFancy. We’re very paw-ticular about our partners and only feature those we think are top dog.
I recently discovered PetFancy, an online retailer that carries modern products for dogs and cats, and immediately fell in love with their playfully curated collection. They carry some of the best designer pet products on the market today, including everything from collars to toys to beds and even grooming products. Check out our top picks below!
1. Sleepypod Air Pet Carrier 2. Waggo Buffalo Plaid Circle Bed 3. Loft312 LOOP Waste Bag Dispenser 4. PuppyTails Shampoo 5. Waggo Flagged Collar 6. PetProjekt Tretbal 7. Doca Pet Y.Bowl 8. UsagiTeam Plaid Bow Tie Collar 9. Jax & Bones Eve Napper Bed 10. Pet Lounge Studios Bambú Angled Diner II
Like what you see? PetFancy is offering a special discount code for Dog Milk readers through February 28th: simply enter MILK20 at checkout to receive 20% off your order. Hooray!
When the good folks from Vancouver-based design studio Gamla Studio emailed me with the subject line “Walnut and Brass Dog Den” I couldn’t open it fast enough. Walnut? And brass?? I wasn’t sure if my mixed-material-loving, crazy-dog-lady heart could handle the images that awaited my gaze. Then I opened the email and saw this:
WHOA. Now that is a thing of beauty, my friends.
I’ve seen a rise in”slow feeder” designs recently and with each new iteration, they seem to become less and less like traditional bowls (with a random “bump” in the middle) and more like puzzles that just happen to have your dog’s daily meals in them. The Slo-Bowl from Kyjen is the most recent example of this interactive-game-inspired slow feeder design — read more about it below!
I was stoked to see that the featured seller this past week on Etsy was none other than Brooklyn’s Go! Pet Design, whose innovative designs we’ve featured occasionally in the past. (You might remember their awesome ei2 wire crate.) Their shop is full of great new designs I hadn’t seen yet, from bed covers made from reclaimed U.S. Army material, to waxed canvas “pup” tents, to walnut and maple leash hooks — all handmade and designed with both beauty and utility in mind. Be sure to head over to their full collection and check out those gorgeous Hairpin and Spoke steel feeders. They make me shiver with delight.