Lulu, Dog Milk’s resident couch potato, turns 8 today! She’s an old 8, but she’s in good spirits and is happy with her life in sunny California. Here are some of the things on her birthday wishlist:
1. Solvit PupSTEP Stairs: Doggy steps. Lulu hurt her knee a few months ago and isn’t healing very quickly. However, she loves car rides and sleeping on the bed, so she needs an easy way for these things to be more accessible to her so she doesn’t cause more injury.
2. Homer the Hedgehog: Lulu loves chomping on soft fuzzy toys like this one; it soothes her anxiety when new people come to visit.
3. Dogleg Diner: Lulu could use a new set of dining bowls like these from Doca Pet. She loves raised feeders and especially likes the color red.
4. Billie Jean Bed: Lulu is a minimalist, but when it comes to beds, the more the merrier. We’re moving into a new house in a few months and she’ll need more beds around the house.
5. Bully Stick 6 Pack: There’s no treat Lulu loves more than Bully Sticks!
Happy birthday, Lulu!
Pottery Barn just launched their first-ever pet collection, which includes super cozy (and customizable) beds, bed inserts, treat jars, raised feeders, and more. Take a peek!
When the good folks from Vancouver-based design studio Gamla Studio emailed me with the subject line “Walnut and Brass Dog Den” I couldn’t open it fast enough. Walnut? And brass?? I wasn’t sure if my mixed-material-loving, crazy-dog-lady heart could handle the images that awaited my gaze. Then I opened the email and saw this:
WHOA. Now that is a thing of beauty, my friends.
The following post is brought to you by Domestic Beast. We’re very paw-ticular about our partners and only feature those we think are top dog.
Just because you have a dog doesn’t mean your home has to turn into a doghouse. The Modern Home Essentials giveaway duo from Domestic Beast includes Jax and Bones’ Lounge bed and Drip Module’s The Peanut dog bowl.
Read on to learn more about these products and enter to win!
Editor’s Note: I’ve asked a few of my favorite bloggers to fill in while we make our way to Portland, OR! Please give them a warm, tail-wagging welcome!
Hello dog lovers! It’s Jan from Poppytalk! Being a new dog owner myself, I’m excited to bring some of my favorite handmade pet-themed products I’ve come across lately to Dog Milk! As I hadn’t had a dog since I was a child, I was quite surprised there was so much to learn when it came to dog things. From collars to dishes, we’ve been learning as we go, and who would know there would be so many choices? I’m loving the handmade items the best though, so when Capree asked if I would guest post here, I immediately hopped over to Etsy to find some faves. (I’ve added a couple of fun DIYs!) Let’s take a look shall we?
There are few things we can depend on in life — death and taxes, right? Fortunately, there are a few good things I know I can count on, too… fireflies in the summertime, doggy feet that smell like corn chips, and Doca Pet consistently offering up fantastic modern doggy designs. Doca Pet‘s newest raised diners, the Straydog and the Dog-Ear, are fashioned from sturdy, easy-to-clean materials (like powder-coated steel and maple), feature removable stainless-steel bowls, and boast the clean, sophisticated lines we’ve come to expect from the Chicago company.
Ceramicist Dylan Kendall, known for her playful footed mugs and tabletop accessories, is gearing up to release a whole new collection — just for pets!